Sunday 19 February 2012

Kababs.. Kababs.. and More Kababs..

   Last Sunday afternoon while watching TV in the afternoon, laziness stole over me and I decided to order in. But at the same time, I did not want the standard fast food or pizza fare... I wanted a proper meal. A friend of mine had told me about Love Thy Kababi on Bannerghatta Road, at Arakere Signal (near Reliance mart). Boasting of a massive collection of kababs (both veg. and non-veg), it also had the essentials - biriyani, rotis, gravy side dishes etc. Having quickly made up my mind, I got their menu and contact numbers of the Just Dial web page and made the call. I decided to go with a starter kabab plate and a main dish of Biriyani - the malai nutty chicken tikka kabab and the chicken special kabab biriyani. 30 minutes later (yup.. it is as efficient as the pizza service) the food was on my table.

First the packaging - as a person who orders in quite often, I am very finicky about the packaging and its appearance and finally - is it still warm..?? Full points on all counts - I was really impressed. The packaging was really good and it looked appetizing, the seal was good, no spillage and of course the food was hot .
Now onto the most important part - the tasting. The starter kababs were good - the meat succulent, tender and juicy and cooked to perfection. The marination was spot on and you can taste the creaminess coating the kababs. As you bit into the kababs, you could hear and feel the crunch of the cashews stuffed inside which provides a heavenly rich feeling to the entire dish. If at all I had a complaint, I felt the dish overall did not have spiciness or the hotness factor which I love about my kababs but it was not bland either. When you have it with a really spicy mint chutney that will balance the dish perfectly.
Now the main course - the chicken special biriyani... one word - perfection...!! The rice was cooked well, fragrant and separated out neatly. The meat as I had described in my earlier dish was again perfect and well done. This dish was spiced properly and I really enjoyed it with the 'salan' (the green chilly gravy) which was the accompaniment provided. The thing about good biriyani is that the rice while well cooked must be separated enough and the masala paste around the meat should not stick together in clumps or become globules and stand out as separate spots in the dish. The mixing of the rice and meat has to be a perfect orchestra where all instruments meld together in the final crescendo. This dish hit the spot perfectly and I am now happy to say, Bannerghatta Road has a good biriyani place that you can go back.. again and again..
Now, the wallet factor - the above wholesome meal cost me Rs. 300/- in total (Rs. 150/- per dish) which I felt was brilliant.

End Result: Great Food.. good packaging.. easy on the wallet..

Location: 2nd Flor, #7, Krish Towers, at Arakere Signal, Bannerghatta Main Road, Bangalore - 76
Phone: 080-42165050

Enjoy Hoggin...!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment